Friday, July 18, 2008

Grizzly Peak Pass Trail

This is one of those quiet back areas that no one seems to visit (I suppose that helps on the quiet part...) yet is a great place to go explore. This trail around the mountain and rapids has some neat details to explore that I'll get into later. The highway style sign is an interesting touch, you are, in theory, walking down the highway from the Condor Flats area to the streets of San Francisco so to use a modern DOT style sign, in a way, makes sense. I might have picked a slightly more rustic wooden sign put up by a parks department to better fit the feel of the neighborhood with Grizzly River Run and the old mines nearby, but then again it wasn't up to me. Either way, if you have always walked past this sign but never turned down this road do so the next you are at California Adventure, it is well worth the few extra of minutes.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I love that park of CA, and wander around it a lot, yet I've never noticed this sign. Thanks for the post!

I agree that an older rustic look would be nicer--hopefully that will happen with a change of Grizzly River Run to a classic National Park look from the current "extreme sport" approach.

Brer Dan